As a specialist with over twenty years of experience, RAM Intermodal Software has designed systems to cater for every aspect of tank container operating, including preparing quotations, responding to tenders, managing jobs efficiently, controlling costs, optimising equipment, maintenance & repair, preparing sales invoices, processing purchase invoices, utilising EDI to speed up administration, financial reporting and improving performance through business discovery.
RAM Intermodal's Tank Operating Software will help you to:
Work faster without errors
Increase profit margins
Automate working methods
Calculate the best routes/suppliers
Grow the business with fewer resources
Optimise investment decisions
Features & Benefits
- Provides a quotation template for particular trade routes, products and customers.
- Automatically calculates charges for customer enquiries.
- Users select best options and issue quotations.
- A detailed transport plan is automatically generated from quotation information.
- Pre-calculated costs are allocated to each section through a mapping process.
- Agent access - providing restricted access to appropriate information remotely.
- Vendor Contracts are set up within the system to store standard agreed rates.
- Orders can be generated from existing quotations and received via EDI messaging.
- Users can quickly validate product/equipment compatibility, unit condition and whether any testing is due.
- Journey sections and costs are mapped against planned routes at the quotation stage.
- Once the loading date is entered, all route dates are calculated in the system.
- Documents associated with an order such as the Bill of Lading, Loading Notification and Trucking Advice can be generated by the system.
- The system can produce a comprehensive invoice automatically whenever the user defines.
- Invoices can be created in Microsoft® Word or sent to customers using EDI functionality.
- Users can verify purchase invoices through a dispute and approval process.
- Each correct invoice is accurately allocated to a specific job cost so it can be tracked at a later date.
- Invoices can also be received automatically by EDI.
- Once trips (job sections) are actualised or units are allocated to orders, costs are made ready for accrual and can be allocated to purchase invoices.
- A financial summary of all costs and charges can be obtained for every order.
- Improves financial planning.
- Movement tracking allows the user to enquire about any unit.
- Detailed criteria can be entered into a unit selection query.
- All job, cost and charge information can be retrieved for each piece of equipment to analyse its total profitability.
- Specialist functionality designed for the tank industry.
- Jobs are more efficient which raises profitability.
- Monitors actual costs against the plans to review performance.
- Optimises Return on Investment (ROI).
- Multi-currency expenses can be managed within each job.
- Comprehensive reporting highlights variances, profit opportunities and cost savings.